1. Soft skills Markup
Soft skills include any skill that can be classified as a personality trait or habit. Interpersonal skills and communication skills are more specific categories of soft skills that many employers look for in job candidates. Soft skills play an important role in resume writing, interviewing and finding success in communicating with people at work and in other areas of your life. Soft skills are often transferable across careers and industries. As a result, you may find that you possess many of the required traits even if you don’t match the exact profile in a job description. As you search for jobs, pay special attention to posts calling for candidates with soft skills or traits you possess. Even if the job title isn’t a great fit, you may find that the description makes sense for you. As you progress through the job search process, keep your resume updated to reflect soft skills most relevant to the jobs you’re applying for.
There are many soft skills that you could list on your resume or cover letter. Some of the most sought after soft skills include: • Effective Communication Skills • Teamwork • Adaptability • Conflict Resolution • Flexibility • Leadership • Problem-Solving • Research • Creativity • Work Ethic • Integrity
2. Language and Communication Skills
To become fluent in English is almost all students’ dream. From job search to career advancement, English is the key. It opens up a wide range of opportunities and helps one to utilize it to the maximum. Advancement in career is built upon excellent communication skills, and effective workplace communication involves, besides a correct and thorough knowledge of English, all the four basic skills of the language namely listening, speaking, reading and writing. The Department of English organises various programmes and activities to enable the budding engineers and technocrats to communicate effectively and appropriately by exposing them to tasks based on LSRW skills. Group activities make the session more lively and interactive and students are not taught but encouraged to participate. The Communication Skills Laboratory stimulates the eyes and ears of the students to acquire correct pronunciation, vocabulary, spelling, etc. The activities related to the enhancement of students’ English communication skills help them for professional success and progress.
3. Life Skills (Yoga, Physical Fitness, Health and Hygiene) YOGA AND MEDITATION
“Regular yoga practice creates mental clarity and calmness,relaxes the mind; centers attention; and sharpens concentration,”.Inorder to enhance the mental and Physical strength Yoga classes were arranged for First year students every year.Seperate trainers for Girls and boys students were arranged.Foundation course which includes Suryanamaskaram,Pathanjaliyogam ,Pranayamam were taught to the students.Through the kayakalpam exercises and meditation students can increase their body health and concentration power.After the successful completion of the course certificates were issued to the students.>
4. Awareness of Trends in Technology
Technology trend awareness as a skill refers to being mindful of the technology that is recently becoming popular and is readily accepted in the market or industry. It also encompasses one’s ability to recognize and understand the usefulness of any such technology for the success of his business.
Why is technology trend awareness important? • Enhancing your visibility to the customers. Technology trend awareness helps you identify what your customers are mostly spending their time with so that you can connect with them easily.
• Increasing opportunities with new ideas and new ventures. Technology trend awareness doesn’t necessarily help with marketing alone. It increases opportunities to improve other areas as well. ‘Lean manufacturing’ is a good example of improvements through technology trend awareness skills.
How to improve technology trend awareness as a skill?
Following are some ways in which you can try and keep yourself updated to improve your technology trend awareness skills: • Join technology related forums and read technology related blogs. Forums and blogs that are focused on a particular topic or category are one of the best sources of information. You can read the comments of other users to know their opinions and anticipations about the latest trends. In fact, you can express your own opinions, doubts, and queries as well. You can also subscribe to the newsletters of your favorite technology-oriented websites.
• Follow people on Twitter or other social media. Find a technophile, or anyone who works with technology and inspires you, on Twitter or any other social media. Since they are always up on the latest trends in technology, reading their posts on a regular basis will help you improve your technology trend awareness.
• Attend seminars. Reading about things may be useful, but there is nothing like exploring a topic through discussion. You can meet people with the same level of interest and inquisitiveness for technology as yours, share ideas with them, and gain knowledge from their experiences. This is especially helpful if the people you meet or the spokesperson of the seminar belong to a different company, field, or industry.