- 01The central library was established in the year 2001.
- 02It is housed in a four storeyed building located at the eastern side in the main building.
- 03The total area of the library is 1197.86 sq.m
- 04It is well equipped with reference books, textbooks, journals, magazines and newspapers etc.
- 05All the books are bar-coded and bar-code laser scanners are used at the circulation counter for book transactions.
- 06CCTV surveillance system with 17 cameras is functioning in the library.
- 07All books are classified according to D.D.C Scheme.
- 08Seating capacity of the library is 300
- 09Provides Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) service to its users in addition to the other usual services.
- 10Provides photocopying and printing facilities.
- 1134 terminals with head phones and mikes are available in the Digital Library section with internet access facility to facilitate access to the DELNET, NPTEL, e_books and IEEE ASPP online resources.
- 12It is main source of knowledge, which is an integral and important part of our institute for higher learning.
- 13The library aims to stock all the books and periodicals that the students and staff members are expected to read and enrich their knowledge.
Rules and Regulations
- 01The College Library functions from 8.30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. on all working days. Library remains closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- 02Strict silence shall be maintained in the library premises.
- 03Members entering the library shall keep their personal belongings outside the library.
- 04Except loose sheets, no personal belongings like notebooks, notes, other books, bags, files and library books already issued will be allowed inside the library.
- 05It is mandatory that the students as well as the faculty should register their entry and exit by flashing their ID at the scanner.
- 06The library follows OPEN ACCESS SYSTEMS. Readers should leave the books taken out from the shelves on the table after reference. They shall not replace the books on shelves.
- 01The ID card should always be available with the student.
- 02ID card is not transferable.
- 03Lending of books will only be on production of valid ID cards.
- 04Members shall not share or allow others to use their Bar-coded ID cards to borrow books.
- 05The books should be returned within a fortnight from the date if issue. Students, who are returning the books after due date, shall have to pay a fine at the rate of Rs. 1.00 per day of delay for another 10 days and Rs. 5.00 per day thereafter.
- 06Journals and Magazines will not be issued.
- 07The Staff / Students shall return the books as and when they are called back by the librarian.
- 08Before borrowing the book, the member must make sure that the book lent is in good condition and the pages are intact.