- To initiate, encourage and promote research activities among the faculty members and students.
- To initiate, develop and coordinate research in newly emerging areas of science and engineering including all multi-disciplinary fields.
- To equip with the concept of engineering technology and engineering application ability.
- To promote analytical and experimental research.
- To conduct programmes on research avenues in a particular area of Engineering Technology to inculcate research culture among faculty and students and to address the particular issue in industry applications.
- To establish procedures for the monitoring, evaluation and audit of research activities and for implementing effective research standards and quality assurance processes.
- To understand professional and social responsibility.